A904 to A500 conversion - trans cooler lines

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So as indicated I'm putting an A500 (RH42) into my 70 Dart which originally had a A904. I have a set of new lines for a 70 Dart with a 727 and it seems that the lines are bent in a way that I can use them all the way up to the K-frame. At that point I was going to transition to rubber lines to a cooler mounted behind the grille.

DSC03004.JPG

The cooler is made with 2 inlet/outlet nipples (see picture) and I plan to mount the cooler so that one nipple is at the top and one at the bottom. Given that one of these is a pressure line out of the trans and the other returns fluid, I presume that I should be pumping into the top nipple and running the return out of the bottom. Is that correct?

Next question is which of the fitting holes in the trans is which - Is the fitting toward the back the 'pump fluid out line' (that's a technical term) or the one toward the front of the trans???

Thanks for your help!

The front line is the pressure and the rear is the return. R u using the cooler in the rad also? U can run the cooler hoses any way u like. The 727 lines fit 5/16 The tranny is 3/8. Kim

I would use high quality braided flex lines for the connection to the hard line. F.I. type clamps as well. Or if you are handy at making lines, make a hard line splice/coupler and go hard all the way.

-
Back