AAR Hemi hood Barracuda

-

glorydays

Reaction score
I'm about to cut the hole on my hood for the scoop. I know it's somewhat a personal preference on the hole but do most people with these hoods open up the whole space under the scoop. I was thinking of marking the base and cutting out the whole area which is a pretty big hole on the h0od... your thoughts?

thanks junior

Hoods are flemsy anyhow. I would only cut what you need to clear the aircleaner.

If the Hood is Original and valuable then get a donor hood to cut up and hang this one in your garage.

These guys are right 100% as I cut mine and it was very weak because you will lose all the tie in supports.I run a STR12 crossram most of the time and just made a sheetmetal pan to give it back some structure and also will be putting a single 4 barrell on in the near future and will make a pan for that also.

Attachments

• 000_3862.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 000_3832.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 155
When i did mine we just cut out the open "triangle" where all the supports meet and was going to run an open top and side element and make a sealed off air cleaner. This will not work if you want to run a stack like above as the engine is offset and not centered with the hood.

-
Back