AAR Hood issue

-

Her1970

Reaction score
Love my AAR six pack hood, but have one issue I thought maybe you guys could help me out. Hood fits great on all four corners, lines up everywhere. Problem is that it buldges up in the middle. I do have lightweight springs installed. Any suggestions?

IMG00375-20100318-2046.jpg

Have the same problem on one of mine..........don't know the easy answer............Worst case is to reinforce it with more framing on the edges (glass), but it's a complex job.

We have one on the Demon racecar, no springs with the stock hinges. fits fine.

Did you talk with AAR about this and a possible soulution?
Put a heavy item on both sides of the hood? IDK!?

I have never seen a fiberglass hood that fit flush on the sides. Even the AAR cuda's and T/A challenger hoods:dontknow: did that.

One of the guys in our club has an AAR Cuda. We raised the hood and there were no springs installed. I aked why and was told that even the light weight springs would cause the hood to warp so it is easier to remove springs than try any other repair. Easy fix but then you have to come up with a way to hold up the hood!

I had read somewhere that the hoods on the TA's and AARs were made from a subcontractor using a jig that simulated the fender line of the cars. Turns out that Chrysler changed the lines or gave the vendor the wrong jig to use. Whatever the case, all original hoods don't fit worth a darn because of a mess up.
Rod

That's quite a bow. Mine follows the lines really well. I have it slightly raised in the rear for clearance. The rear edge is thick and wants to catch the cowl if it's level.

Is yours painted or did they send it to you in black gelcoat?

Do the high spots flex down when you push on them? Could you fudge the front height of the hood a little lower to make it less obvious? Sometimes panel fitment and gaps is a compromise. If necessary, you can greatly improve the appearance of a gap by splitting the difference somewhere.

34Front01small.jpg

I have never contacted AAR about the issue. We painted the hood, it came white and we painted flat black.

-
Back