AAR sixpack scoop doesnt fit

-

UDUST81

Reaction score
hey i bought this six pack scoop from aar and was very happy as it came undamaged and looked great... one problem... i knew with the outward flanges id have to do some fitting but the front flange is actually shaped upwards. it says on their website these are custom made for your car in my case a 72 duster. but im not sure i believe that seeing it got shipped out a day after i ordered it.being a 72 duster it has a fairly wide ridge in the front and the flange is absolutely flat. so... my main question is this typical? or did i get screwed? i have contacted aar but being the holiday weekend im sure it wont be till monday i hear from them just wanted some opinions on if it is usable or not. i feel like to get the scoop to sit flat with the ridge in the hood id have to cut so much of the scoop out that id cut into the opening of it basically ruining it. so yeah ill try to attach pics but ive had problems with that not working well before thanks!

if the pictures dont work maybe i can email them to someone who can get pics to work id appreciate it

I got mine from UP22.com and it was a mess! It took a month to get my six pack scoop. I had to trim the front center part of the scoop to fit over the raised section of the hood on my 72 Scamp hood. I used my air saw to trim the section as well as cutting the opening in the scoop.

I wound up cutting a little too high into the scoop but I fixed it with some fiberglass. This pic I was test fitting the scoop.

-
Back