AAR/Stinger Fender Fitment Issue

-

68BarracudaTT

Reaction score
I was fitting up my body panels from AAR and noticed the passenger side fender has about a 1/2 inch gap from the headlight bucket/flange to the core support. I spoke with the production manager at AAR/Stinger and he said he they have been running this tool for ~20 years and hasn’t heard of this issue, but I could put some tension on it with a bolt then heat it and slowly pull it into position. The best I can tell nothing is bent; I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and what solutions they found?

CB12AD47-2D8A-4866-8979-9C6F7AFD253E.jpeg

AF9AE078-AFDA-40DB-A286-12FD4A24AE45.jpeg

1398112F-5A30-4375-9447-6A5A8B72BC34.jpeg

I haven't had that exact issue but I have had fiberglass panels that didn't fit well. Had some that were way off!! I carefully pulled the panel into place a little at a time using clamps. I didn't pull the panel all the way into place (it might crack), just enough to heat the panel with a heat gun to make it relax. Once the clamps get loose you know that the panel has relaxed then you tighen the clamps a little more and re-heat. Just don't put too much heat in one place and use your hands to see how hot the panel is getting and to make sure that you're heating it evenly.

Thank you for the input, I will try the heat and clamp method first. If it still doesn’t fit the way I like, I will cut the section off of both sides and make aluminum filler panels. I don’t want to bash on the company, they were very responsive when they originally sent the wrong hood (Flat vs. with the factory trim plate bumps).

I had previously seen pretty good reviews of the company, and unfortunately, the thread @4spdragtop referenced was started after I placed my order. If I saw that, I would have looked a little harder. I didn’t take any pictures, but the packing wasn’t what I would expect to see for that kind of money. Ah well, live and learn.

I heard some bad stories on fiberglass parts recently. I went with Glasstek . The quality is very nice on race and street parts. I sold my dish ragged AAR doors at Carlisle. and bought glasstek. I got the Frontend, Doors. Hood, Trunk, Dash, and rear bumper. It all came secured in a wooden crate. Very nice parts and great to deal with.

If you want to fix it cut it at the top, Bolt it in place and reglass where you cut it. Glass is easy to work with. What happened to your fender is it was taken out of the mold while heated from curing before it was totally cured

GF062_70_72_Dart__Demon_Pro_Front_End_2.jpg

102_0286.JPG

102_0282.JPG

I bought a few fenders and hood from them when it was AAR and the fitment was right on. Now that its Stinger i never heard any thing good about them. Ill go else where. I would go wit Glasstech but the type of hood that Stinger has Glasstech doesnt. The fenders on this barracuda i did came from AAR and they fit nice.

127.JPG

126.JPG

@Oldmanmopar thats a nice looking front end, and well packed, and @WAYNE0 thats a nice looking car, Hopefully mine turns out that good.

It makes sense that they took the fender out before it was fully cured, I was put on a 3 month wait list, so I am sure they were building and shipping as fast as they could. Other than this area everything seems to fit up well.

@Oldmanmopar thats a nice looking front end, and well packed, and @WAYNE0 thats a nice looking car, Hopefully mine turns out that good.

It makes sense that they took the fender out before it was fully cured, I was put on a 3 month wait list, so I am sure they were building and shipping as fast as they could. Other than this area everything seems to fit up well.
I your doing it yourself take your time it will pay off alot of time went into those fenders to make them lazor straight

-
Back