abody rearend measerments

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
im wanting to see what the measurements are from mounting plate to mounting plate. or from where the back of the wheels mount to the housings one side to the other total length. also whats the outside measurement of the frame rails under the body where the rearend goes on a 67=-69 dart. im trying to see if this dana60 will fit on a minitubbed 67 dart it measures 45.5 inches total.

45.5 is pretty short. Is that just the housing width or wheel mount flange to flange. If it's backing plate flange to flange, the total width where the wheels bolt up will be in the 49-50" area. That width could be used easily.

I've got a Dana that is 50.5 in my Duster. It needs 15X10's with about 4-4.5" backspace or a 15x12 with 5-5.5 bs.

If it's 45.5 wheel bolt to wheel bolt flange, not sure you can find a wheel with so little backspace.

When you look at the Dana, make sure the drivers side axle tube is about 1 3/8" longer than the pass side to get proper mopar pinion offset.

Let me try not to steal this thread, but while you are back there, make other measurements. A bodies seem to have the wheelwells, and maybe the rearend, backed to the rear 1/2", on the driver side.
Just wanting to know, and maybe a warning.

the rear came off a tubbed camaro never used. the measurements is wheel to wheel mounting where the wheels would mount to the rearend. its got some long *** studs i could probably get away with some spacers and 15x10s is all im going to use. with drag radials. i just wanted to see if it was going to be feasible to use and if the discs where able to clear the frame rails under the car. how much room do you have between the wheel and frame? and how far does the rear stick out past the frame rails? this car is using a motor plate so it doesnt have the mopar ofset to the one side.

-
Back