Status
Not open for further replies.

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Contact seller
Apparently abody kick down linkage is different from the others. I have 3 different ones and none of them will fit. Let me know if you have one you'd like to part with!

Apparently abody kick down linkage is different from the others. I have 3 different ones and none of them will fit. Let me know if you have one you'd like to part with!
For carter, Thermoquad, 2 barrel?

I don't know how set you are on having to go with a linkage but I never found one for my Dart so I got a Lokar throttle cable/Kick down cable kit and I have been very happy with it

Last edited:
Put a cable type on it and adjust that to work. That allows for changes down the road such as different height intakes, the 4 barrel carb etc. Trying to play "Johnny **** Around" with a bunch of different linkages etc and hoping you get it right will likely reward you with a burned out transmission. The rod type kickdown linkages are pretty carburetor, intake, and geometry specific. I imagine an A body 4 barrel one isnt cheap either. The lokar one is your best bet. Jegs and Summit have their own branded adjustable kick down cable as well. I think the jegs one is about $40

Last edited:
Jegs. Not sure how much better or worse than a lokar cable it is. Says for 727 but I believe this works on 904 as well

Screenshot_20201211-220846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Its a thermoquad intake but im using the old 2 bbl throttle mount.
Not likely anything will work with both of those parts. You need to get a complete 4bbl setup from top to bottom. Mixing and matching is a waste of time. There also may be a difference between a 727 and a 904 for the bellhousing pivot and related rods. If you have a Frankensetup, going with a cable kit is the way to go.

Ok here you go Kim the top one is the original slant 6 I know the other two one is off a truck the other a b body I don't remember which is which

20201212_151128.jpg

20201212_151111.jpg

20201212_151101.jpg

20201212_151040.jpg

20201212_150936.jpg

Yeah, you need a multilink setup on an A-body, or an aftermarket cable. Try finding a 4bbl version off an A-body......preferably a 71-6 T-quad car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back