About a foot.

-

66Vcuda

Reaction score
A funny thing happened at the parts store. After a carburetor rebuild I thought I might change the fuel line, it being more than forty years old. So with old hose in hand I go to the parts store and told the gentleman I needed to replace this fuel line which was “about a foot” long. I also needed to replace the vent hose too so I said about 3 feet should about cover it. With new hose in hand I went home and proceeded to put the new hose on and low and behold it was not 3/8”. But it did fit the vent hose I needed so that helped. I did not notice how much the 40 year old hose had swollen and looked like 3/8”. OK my bad, so back to the parts store I go. I told the young man that I needed “about a foot” of 5/16” and handed him the original hose to measure with. He came back with a 12 inch piece of hose. I placed the new hose on top of the old hose and it was about a half an inch short. I told him I needed more hose and to please cut me a new one. He said he couldn’t because there was only 1 inch of hose left. (don’t laugh the funny is not here yet). I told him I could not accept that 12 inch piece because it was too short and I needed 12 and a half inches. He asked me if I wanted the other 1 inch piece. (that's the funny). I had to drive ten more miles to get another half inch.

I would have said "not much of a parts store" but Covid related shortages are gettin' ridiculous

Beats me why the heck he cut it. May as well have brought you all the remaining, even if it was near 2 inches. Fire him for being dense or give him a raise for being frugal? LOL

Sounds like he cut it off twice and it was still too short! :poke::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s how kids are these days. My grand daughter always corrects me on time. Someone asks for the time, I say 3:00, she says 2:57 so it’s not really 3:00 is it grampy. I stand corrected. Kim

So you claimed it was about a foot and ended up a few inches short?
Where have I heard that before?

-
Back