About done

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm getting cranky in my old age. Getting tired of working on this thing. 70 degrees here today, so after all this cold and bad weather, I think it's time to fire Old Yeller up and cruise it around for awhile. Been sitting for about 3 months, so of coarse, the battery is down. No problem. Hook up the cables, and she fires right up. Drove it around for awhile, then over to my buddies body shop. Hang out there for awhile, go to start it, battery still down. Hook up his jumper box, fires right up. Get it home, hook up the charger, get it to full charge, NOTHING!! Won't even turn over. Get out the pliers, and jump the starter relay. Fires right up. Neutral safety switch is out. I'm this close to putting a for sale sign on it. Seems like it's always something!!:banghead::banghead:

yaa .yaa.yaa. I here ya. you know you love it.

Like they say, "If it has tits or wheels, it will give you problems..."

But you still love them....

Like Rodney Dangerfield used to say, "How many times, on a cold, cold morning... When you really need it, a car or a woman, they won't turn over???"

Sure you didn't burn out a amp gauge? You need to charge these old cars with a charger instead of relying on the alternator to do it. They have a small output and will charge at maximum until something smokes. Ask me, I know! LOL

I've had trouble with the neutral safety switch before., and thought I had it fixed.Just aggravated, as it's supposed to be mid 70's tomorrow, and I was going to drive it to work. Working overtime the rest of this week, and won't have time to mess with it until Sunday. Just wanted to drive my car.

-
Back