about the dumbest thing ive done in a while

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
winter is here

that means the kids cant do their regular outdoorsie stuff but they can do other things, like play in the snow

so my boy asked me howcome his 4 wheeler doesnt do well in the snow
i asked him if he put the chains on and he says "we got chains" ?

so i went ahead and put the chains on and he is just flying around the yard

about 20 minutes in he asks me if the pond is frozen enough to take the 4 wheeler on

i dont know, but i can find out, thats what chainsaws are for

cut a nice little pyramid out of the ice and sure enough, its about 6 inches thick...plenty thick enough for his little 250

go ahead i say

and as im standing there on my porch, watching him do donuts on the ice, and seeing the awesome rooster tails he is putting out, it hits me...hes basically running a 250 cc chainsaw on that ice and sooner or later it will act like a can opening and hell pop right through

sooooo i decided to take the chains back off

Yea, there would be nothing like the youngster cutting the ice & getting a cool dip in the pond. Not the brightest idea I've ever heard. LMAO

Chains on after riding on frozen lake.

I wouldn't think it would be to much different than studded tires. I've seen them dirt bike guys on ice with 2 inch long spikes throwing ice. Maybe the ice is thicker tho? I've never put chains on an atv but it sure sounds like fun lol probably a good idea to take the chains off on the ice while the little one is on it.

You are nicer than me. I would have waited for the inevitable. He will learn a valuable lesson, well actually more than one.

I don't think I'd want them out on that pond at all.

I'd say the ice is a good 6 inches thick

You are nicer than me. I would have waited for the inevitable. He will learn a valuable lesson, well actually more than one.

No thanks, I know how those lessons end

I've allready had to drag that 4 wheeler out of that pond because someone missed the bridge entirely

20220120_124314.jpg

20200418_174202.jpg

I thought that you were going to say that he rode the quad into the hole you made.

I thought that you were going to say that he rode the quad into the hole you made.
Nah, I always cut them like an upside down pyramid
That way I can slide it back in, toss some snow up top and it will neatly freeze back in

Still snowing horizontally temp hovering around-18 C. Tractor day tomorrow for sure. Went to the end for the mile out of bush couldn’t see more than 200 ft complete white out. Got lots of food, whiskey and firewood let’er rip.

-
Back