about to go down the slip and slide

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
so we have had a few BEAUTIFULL weeks here in Michigan
temps in the mid 40s not a cloud in the sky, slippers shorts and hoody weather, if you know what I mean

so, when my parents rolled into town a week ago, I told them it would be no problem for them to borrow my winter beater for a road trip (they flew in)
so sure enough, I dropped my boy off at school under a lead grey sky, and when I came back, I tossed my parents the keys to the charger
just as I watched the tail lights disappear I saw the first few specs of snow come dwindling down

now, about 6 hours later there is a few inches of fresh snow on the roads and I'm about to go pick my boy up from school in the duster
the funny thing is, I cant even get this car to hook on dry pavement, so it shouldn't be much different from summer driving

good news, I made it back home

turns out, driving a 480 HP duster with open 3.23 gears on shoddy 225 tires in the snow is very much like riding a dirtbike...you get to steer with the throttle

the only real mistake I made was picking up pizza on the way home
with no heater in the car and snow on the rear window that whole car fogged up like a shower door

40° is long johns, flannel lined pants, two shirts, and a sweat shirt with hoodie for me.

40° is long johns, flannel lined pants, two shirts, and a sweat shirt with hoodie for me.

here in MI "official" snow shoveling attire is flipflops, shorts and a hoody
and if the person shoveling is smart, an MSU ball cap, if hes not to smart...UofM

At least you still have both wipers on the car, I removed my passenger one glad I didn't have to take the hotrod out today!

At least you still have both wipers on the car, I removed my passenger one glad I didn't have to take the hotrod out today!

yes, I do still have both wipers BUT the low speed is busted, and so is the "return to zero doohickey" which means I have to play "wheel of fortune" and try to stop them right on the bottom each time

Snow on the back window and no pass side mirror sucks. One thing I don't miss is driving an A body in the snow.

there is a passenger side mirror, but there was so much snow on it, and the window was so fogged up, there might as well not have been

here in MI "official" snow shoveling attire is flipflops, shorts and a hoody
and if the person shoveling is smart, an MSU ball cap, if hes not to smart...UofM

Shoveled and ran the plow truck in crocs yesterday!! No problems!!

-
Back