ABS headliner question

-

Hadahemi

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a new ABS headliner in a few days (got it from stock interiors and it looks great), and never thought until now about insulation. The underside of the roof area has surface rust, so I planned on coating it with RustReformer, have used it before and been happy with the results. I'm wondering though what any of you guys have used for insulation above the headliner. I'm not interested in using DynoMat or anything like it. Do I need insulation at all? Let me know what you guys have done and if you are happy with it. Thanks.

i have never put the insulation back in there. i also used tat same headliner, with great results

I used dynamat on the underside of the roof. It REALLY helps with the over all sound dampening from the roof/headliner area.
It is also very quick and easy to install, as for the rust I scuffed it with a red scotch brite and primed it with a good self etching corrosion resistant primer. Also with a full 3" exhaust with Flowmaster 50's I also used the dynamat in the doors, package tray, firewall, and on the floor. Believe it or not you can actually hear yourself think!

Check out a product called boom mat(?) I saw it used on spike last weekend as a sound deadener... Summit sells it is spray buzz cans.. as for your question. I have put the insulation back in, but I like most have no original reference to compare too.

-
Back