-
Status
Not open for further replies.

volaredon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
As title says. Want the style of brackets used for the aluminum compressor not the older V twin style. Don't want the ones with the built in extensions for an air (smog) pump, definitely not running one of those.

As title says. Want the style of brackets used for the aluminum compressor not the older V twin style. Don't want the ones with the built in extensions for an air (smog) pump, definitely not running one of those.
Don, I don’t have one for sale, but on my 83 D150 I am using the OE smog pump bracket to mount the ac compressor as that same bracket is also the ac compressor mount.
I substituted in an idler pully in place of the smog pump to set the ac compressor belt tension. The oe setup has the smog pump pivoting to set the belt tension.

OK something to think about.....
Ive seen "in between" years ac mounts, between the V twin compressor years, and the AC/smog pump combo. hafta see what I can come up with,,,,
I got everything under the dash except for the cable from the control head and the control head itself.... which can come from a pickup or a van or (maybe even) a Diplomat or 5th avenue.... the guy had already sold those pieces before I discovered his CL ad.

OK something to think about.....
Ive seen "in between" years ac mounts, between the V twin compressor years, and the AC/smog pump combo. hafta see what I can come up with,,,,
I got everything under the dash except for the cable from the control head and the control head itself.... which can come from a pickup or a van or (maybe even) a Diplomat or 5th avenue.... the guy had already sold those pieces before I discovered his CL ad.

Is this for your truck or a car application?
by the way, you will find it near impossible to get a compressor with a slant six compressor clutch, I have a v8 compressor clutch on mine. To get it to work you just have to shim the compressor front to back to get one of the clutch pulleys to line up.

for my 85 truck..... but as long as I can mount the compressor I don't care what it might be off of..... a little adjusting wont be an issue.
I think I might have a V8 clutch and coil around, hafta check... I used to.

Last edited:
There was a member here who modified the RV2 brackets for use with a Sanden type compressor. It wasn't difficult at all from what I remember.

might hafta check into that..... if so I can expand my search!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back