ac compressor delete

-

DogTown

Reaction score
hey all ! I am new to your site . I am taking the ac compressor off my big block and don't know how my power steering will mount back up because the mounts were part of the ac comp. any help would be very cool ty

hey all ! I am new to your site . I am taking the ac compressor off my big block and don't know how my power steering will mount back up because the mounts were part of the ac comp. any help would be very cool ty
ok I took the brackets off the ac compressor and it looks like i can use them somehow to mount the power steering pump back on but not sure , I'm changing the 2 barrel manifold out with a 4 barrel one and cleaning up wiring and such . Should have it back together soon . Hopefully it works cause i dont want to put that ugly ac back on . is the a different mount i can get for the ps ?

Changing from AC to non AC changes the entire front accessory drive. Pullies, brackets and all. You're fixin to be scroungin up a lot of stuff, OR shellin out big bucks for something aftermarket.

My power steering bracket worked the same for NON A/C as it does with A/C. 440 based 493....

AC 6 (2)_LI.jpg

That is a stock photo I used when I converted my car. Pictures with the engine in the car can be hard to see and make sense of.
In my '70 Charger, I converted to A/C 2 years ago this fall. I was able to keep the P/S in the same location using factory parts...in fact, the P/S pump and brackets were never changed. I went with an aluminum WP housing to save weight and to move the hose location. I have a bunch of stock pulleys so I just test fitted things until I found the stock alternator bracket, fan idler and crank pulley that lined up.

-
Back