AC Heater Box Removal 73 Dart/Duster

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Would you pull the glass and roll the dash down to remove an AC heater box from a '73 or it is not that bad pulling it from under the dash?

Jim

You can get it out under the dash. You might need to remove the dash frame bolt behind the kick panel and flex that side of the dash out a little bit. Totally doable, I've done it before.

You can remove the glove box liner so you can see what you're working on.

It will all come out from under. Glove box, front seat, under dash A/C duct. Just start removing what you see in the way. Really nothing to it. Maybe take a picture of the hoses for vac pods, red stripe white stripe. Take pictures of the heater/ A/C components for reference when reassembling.

You can get it out under the dash. You might need to remove the dash frame bolt behind the kick panel and flex that side of the dash out a little bit. Totally doable, I've done it before.

You can remove the glove box liner so you can see what you're working on.

You wanna come down and show me how…. :rofl:

Did you retire from YouTube? I haven’t seen anything in some time.

You wanna come down and show me how…. :rofl:

Did you retire from YouTube? I haven’t seen anything in some time.
I have accepted the fact that my youtube videos are not that great and it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good video, more time than I have.

I wish you were closer, then I would be near actual car people instead of being surrounded by low riders and LS swappers. LOL

I have accepted the fact that my youtube videos are not that great and it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good video, more time than I have.

I wish you were closer, then I would be near actual car people instead of being surrounded by low riders and LS swappers. LOL

:rofl:

Know the feeling. I gave it up as well.

-
Back