AC/Heater control bracket help

-

Mopar Moo

Reaction score
I have a 72 Valiant with AC. I am trying to put the AC/heater controls, radio and ashtray back in the dash. I am not sure where the "J" shaped bracket goes. It looks like the hooked end should hold the defroster duct. Does anyone have a diagram or pics to help me put everything back correctly? THX

Can anybody help me with this? I'm new to the board a just a kid who's trying to keep my first car on the road.

A photo would help us help you. Is this bracket thin sheet-metal? If a thick round rod, it sounds like the one that drops down from the top of the dash to support the heater/AC box on its aft side.

This is not the best photo. It is thin sheet metal and has a piece of foam glued to it. The end where my hand is has slot cut for a screw or bolt to go thru.

Attachments

• 20141109_154121BracketSm.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 118
I have a 72 Valiant with AC. I am trying to put the AC/heater controls, radio and ashtray back in the dash. I am not sure where the "J" shaped bracket goes. It looks like the hooked end should hold the defroster duct. Does anyone have a diagram or pics to help me put everything back correctly? THX

This is not the best photo. It is thin sheet metal and has a piece of foam glued to it. The end where my hand is has slot cut for a screw or bolt to go thru.

I'm not familiar with the later A Bodies, but I bet you're probably correct in that it might support a defroster hose. The question - which I cannot answer - is where does it mount under the dash?

-
Back