AC Idler pulley

-

RealWing

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get one of these idler pulleys. On a '69 Cuda 340 with AC. I cant find it in parts book.
Thx
Jim
IMG_4620_1280x960.JPG

I found a p/n on the bearing. It is a MRC 203SZ (Equivalent to
IMG_6566_1280x719.JPG
a FAG 6203RS or SKF 6203RS1). Not sure how to get the bearing out at this point.
Jim
IMG_6568_1280x719.JPG

A 203 series bearing is very common. I haven't looked lately, I believe same size is front bearing in many GM/Ford/ Mopar alternators

I cannot see enough of that to tell, may be just pressed in, or have a crimped lip over the edge

Yes, a common bearing. It does look like a crimped over edge to me as well. Hopefully someone has changed this bearing!!

Yes, a common bearing. It does look like a crimped over edge to me as well. Hopefully someone has changed this bearing!!
Do have a friend with a lathe? I though about getting a friend to take the lip off in the lathe and putting a new one in with JB weld, but never got around to that experiment.

Jake

Dorman 419-602. You have to come up with a mounting bolt and spacers to align to the belt. I used this on a 68 273 factory A/C. Worked for me.

Dorman 419-602. You have to come up with a mounting bolt and spacers to align to the belt. I used this on a 68 273 factory A/C. Worked for me.
I nearly suggested the OP dig around. There surely has to be another that can be made to work, if not truly original

I popped the seal off and found all the grease had dried out. Will clean and repack
IMG_6438_1280x960.JPG

Anyone know where I can get one of these idler pulleys. On a '69 Cuda 340 with AC. I cant find it in parts book.
Thx
JimView attachment 1715488112
The bearing shot craps in mine 4 years back.
Been running without it ever since without issues, just need to find the right length belt.
I believe that idler was a factory over kill.

-
Back