AC seals

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
I'm replacing the compressor in my wife's Dodge Caliber. I went to several parts places looking for new seals. The new compressor didn't come with any. The dealer wanted 30.00 + shipping (each) for three washer seals with a vulcanized O-ring. (see pic.) He showed me the ones on their computer and they were green (134) mine are black and the system has never been into. I wound up ordering a kit on the internet, (18.00) listed for the car. When the kit came in it had only two seals (green) that resembled the seal in my system, but they were the wrong size and only two of them. There were numerous O-rings and pad plates for pad type fittings. (which are the type in the system) Question: If I use the pad plates and an o-ring, does the plate go between the O-ring and the pad?
Norm

o-ring.jpg

o-ring kit.jpg

o-ring pad fitting.jpg

Last edited:
that looks like a generic kit. Some of those "pad" type are for earlier models. Get the correct ones from the dealer.

A/C seals were always a crap shoot at the dealership. It was always recommended to bring them up to be matched up. The listing were often wrong. Worked at Mopar parts dept for 20 plus years....seal numbers were often wrong.

-
Back