Accel BEI II?

-

67charger383

Reaction score
Just picked this up for a good deal.

NOS in box Accel BEI distributor with mechanic tach drive for a big block mopar and Accel BEI II ignition box.

Bought so I could run a old Jones/Stahl/Moroso tach without going points or magneto.

has anyone used one of these boxes? MSD makes an adapter to use a 6al, but I’m curious as I have a thing for period speed parts. And could I wire up a rev limiter to this like a old Mallory Engine Safety Control?

79cf477a-6107-4670-9eb6-138b15f51b16-jpeg.jpg

Mark

Very nice vintage part ### I have many of the Rev control units u mentioned I can send wiring directions if you need it .

Take a picture of the trigger. I can’t remember if those are a magnetic pick up or a light.

What u have worked back in the day and will do the same today / and still better than some modern China junk.

so it uses a shutter wheel like an LT1 opti-spark, 1/4 degree accuracy? Pretty good. dont get it wet!

I had one of those set ups on a 318 Duster I owned 20 years ago. It performed well, but I went to an MSD system when I put in a 360. I put the Accel parts out at swap meets & couldn't give it away.

I had one of those set ups on a 318 Duster I owned 20 years ago. It performed well, but I went to an MSD system when I put in a 360. I put the Accel parts out at swap meets & couldn't give it away.
It’s because it’s such a rare/obscure part and nobody knows it exists. I’m always reading old magazines and collect old speed parts and I’ve never heard of a BEI until I saw one for sale a year ago online.

people will assume it’s a dual point glancing at it.

It’s because it’s such a rare/obscure part and nobody knows it exists. I’m always reading old magazines and collect old speed parts and I’ve never heard of a BEI until I saw one for sale a year ago online.

people will assume it’s a dual point glancing at it.
Go on ebay and type in Accel BEI and save search it will alert you when some pop up then u can hort up some spare parts to keep should you need them.

-
Back