Accel kit missing part?

-

Ozzy

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced buying a Accel points eliminator kit with a missing rotor-shutter wheel? I ordered one online, and the part was missing. After two weeks of painful communication and patience, I was sent a second kit which ALSO has the same missing part! I asked them to just send the missing part, and they sent everything but!
I tried looking up just the missing part, but it's not sold separately. Tried calling Mr. Gasket, who makes the kit, and get a recording "error". Tried looking them up online but cannot find a Mr. Gasket website... Help!

Accell is a pia to deal with, have a picture I might have one. Try finding vintage nos parts for them.........

my plug wires from accel were missing the coil wire, i ordered through summit and complained, summit sent me a return sticker for the old set and a few days later got my new set with matching coil wire, maybe this is a common issue for accel?

Accell is a pia to deal with, have a picture I might have one. Try finding vintage nos parts for them.........
rotor-shutter wheel.JPG
This is the missing part. Never did find a way to get one, so I ordered a pertronix ignitor ii. Advance Auto did refund with an apology and a $25 coupon.

Thanks guys for the comments. Waiting for the Pertronix to get here. Hopefully she'll fire right up...

-
Back