accumulator spring?

-

midlife89

Reaction score
Finally looking into why my car shifts so fast/soft into 2nd under WOT.Pulled the valve body this AM and there is no accumulator spring,top or bottom.TF-2 instructions say there might not be.As I'm not the one who installed the shift kit is there any way of telling if it's supposed to? Could this cause my soft/quick 1st/2nd shift problem?

Many things can cause an early upshift, i think i would have tried checking or adjusting the throttle linkage first.
Leaving the accumulator spring will not cause and early upshift,sounds like a pressure problem to me.

Also the governor and rear differential gear plays a big part on when it shifts.

The accumulator spring does not effect when the shift takes place, it cushions the shift so removing the spring will make the shift firm, putting a blocker rod if so the piston can't move will make it more so.

I tried the throttle linkage and all it did was push back the 2/3 shift and make it kick into passing gear @ light throttle.At light throttle it shifts later and firmer than at WOT.I also adjusted the front band which helped a little.

The accumulator spring does not effect when the shift takes place, it cushions the shift so removing the spring will make the shift firm, putting a blocker rod if so the piston can't move will make it more so.

x2

Took valve body apart and found that the TV valve wasn't ground down to.281,by pass spring showed no signs of white paint,valve body where manual valve goes in wasn't filed,manual valve wasn't indexed to 3rd partition and manual valve wasn't changed,it looks nothing like the picture in the instructions I've got and is identical to the one I compared it to from a extra valve body I have.Could any of these things cause the problem I'm having?

-
Back