Adam's Scamp

-
It looks like you really lucked out Adam, where the hells all the rust, it's not fair. When I had to redo the Demon I started with more rust than sheet metal it's not fair. Anyway have fun and keep us up to date on your progress.

wow so u traded that for the cuda, nice, luckly it has no rust, im still :cussing: about the rust on my car and in the fenders, what a pain but i wanna do bodyworkin the future so i better get use to it haha, right now im working on my door jams what a pain :sad1:

It does look nice & solid there. You done did good, Dude... Too bad the B`cuda was too much of a project. Besides, the Scamp is probably as unique as the old Fastback.

all that sheetmetal without patches or rustholes makes me confused ;)
almost unreal! great find!

Mopower71 said:
Where did you find such a rustfree Mopar in the north east?

I got it from a guy in PA, he picked it up at Carlise from someone who brought it from CA.

I bought a few odds and ends for it today, A set of dog dish caps and a few of the missing interior parts.

I see that trans-dapt has a /6 to V8 swap kit for $60 so Im going to give that a try.

I also need to pull the gas tank out and drain the old gas so the fumes can evaporate. If the tank isnt full of rust I'll have a sump welded on to it.

Moving right along. :thumbup: Are you going to paint the wheels the same color as the car? I think that will look good with the dog dish hub caps.

Im gping to leave them black for now. Im going to end up buying new rims at some point anyways.

Surface rust? I'm not sure I envy you or hate you right now. :lurk: Happy Building ! Keep the pics coming !

It looks like some one else has played with this thing a little but. I think someone was getting ready to do a V8 swap. The steering box was taken off at one point, the gas tank has been out, some one took the sending unit and it looks like the rear was going to be pulled. Brake line cut, shocks unbolted. Strange but they saved me some work.

I also did some measuring while I was under the car. There 12" from the quarter panel lip to the wheel well. So if I use offset spring hangers a 255-60-15 should fit perfect on a 15X7" rim with 4.5 backspacing.

More cleaning and a few little parts bolted up for test fitting. The dog dish caps look pretty good but I think I may paint the rims body color and perhaps find a set of 68 style caps. I like them a little better.

IM000564.jpg

Build sheet still intact.

IM000562.jpg

If you look you can see the 3" tail pipes. I think turn downs would look better

IM000560.jpg

IM000559.jpg

Dont mind the floor jack. Its just keeping the car level. Kinda need a set of springs. I'm gonna go with Calvert mono's and a set of caltrac bars.

IM000558.jpg

IM000557-1.jpg

IM000556.jpg

340 radiator in place. Im going to hide the MSD box and line lock though.

IM000555.jpg

Needs a sharktooth grill
IM000554.jpg

And last, Thanks for the stickers John :headbang:

IM000565.jpg

Not bad for 36 year old paint. I havent even had a chance to glaze it yet. This is just after some compounding and cleaning the trim, swapping the hub caps and shining the tires.

Cars lookin good Adam
exct0005.gif
makes me jealous everytime i see it,mine looks like it exploded!

What engine are you gonna run in it?

I have a nice little 480hp 340 for it. Im stil trying to decide if I should put some stock valve covers on it and spray it blue or not.

IM000607.gif

Are those aluminum heads? That's one stout 340 :headbang:

Agreed. I would keep it as is too. I have the same valve covers but mine are polished. I really like them. :love4:

No they are cast iron heads. Just well ported 360 heads. I like the way the motor looks but Im having fun with the sleeper thing. Obviously there are things I cant hide like the headers and single plane intake/holley carb. But I was thinking it would look less speedy if I painted it blue including the intake , ran stock valve cover and maybe a a stock aircleaner with a 318 sticker on the lid.

Im going to feed it with a Carter mechanical strip pump, 1/2" fuel line and a MagnumForce Racing 1/2" sending unit. Exhaust is going to be TTI headers, 3" TTI X pipe, DynoMaxx ultraflows and 3" TTI tail pipes without tips.

Seems like we are trying to do the same thing with our cars. Keep the nostalgia but with a few extra little goodies. I'm a big fan of both the resto original look and tasteful modification. I quess I could take off my old 273 valve covers and paint the intake too since I'm already using the 273 brackets. Hmmm...Not sure why we are trying to kid ourselves being sneaky.... :---) :headbang:

You've got a few more horses in your build. I went with the 3/8" line to a ported H-flow Carter from FBO. I looove the tti setup so far. I posted a few new pics on my resto thread.

Weird not seeing the cuda in front of the garage. I miss that thing but a rust-free A-body makes up for the yanked heart-strings.

Keep us posted

i would go with the "stock" blue engine look. what a sleeper. looks great so far...

I have always had cars that were obviously not stock but werent really that fast , I want this one to be the opposite. I looked a few cars in the last year and one was a 65 Valiant I was going to due stock looking 273 4bbl car.

Wow I like that 66 valiaint. nice one Dave

-
Back