Addco 596 front sway bar help

-

cinimod2

Reaction score
So I recently got an addco 596 front sway bar and Ive been struggling on the installation of it. I looked around online and some people have other sway bars going through holes in the bottom of the k member and others have it mounted going in front of the k member. I currently have a slant six k member that has 318 motor mounts on it but it says the addco 596 sway bar fits the slant 6 and 318 model so that shouldn't be a problem right? Any help would be appreciated because the directions that came with the bar are not helpful at all.

IMHO, your first mistake was getting an Addco bar. I haven't seen one yet that looked like it fit properly. First thing to do is kake sure the bar you got was the correct one for your car. What year and model do you have? Stock K-member for it? 6 and 8 cyl K-members use the same sway bar but not all years are the same. Do you have the stock sway bar type control arms or are you using the tabs out of the kit?

I use a 1 1/8th" Addco on the front of my 67 Barracuda and like it alot. It's not the hottest setup but a great bang for the buck. I used adapters for the K frame mounts and stock mounting on the lower control arms. The rear bar is Addco too with a custom mounting plate welded to the frame. The fit is good and together they make the car fun to drive. What year is this car and what size is the bar?

You are definately right when you say they dont fit properly. But after a couple hours me and my dad just decided to just rig it up ourselves since the directions didnt give us much help. Ill post some pics and yes its not the nicest job out there and this is nmeans going to be a show car any time soon so i think our job is fine considering it is my daily driver. After being installed for a coupple days i like it its alot better taking a turn at 10mph and not feeling like youre gonna tip over!

After being installed for a coupple days i like it its alot better taking a turn at 10mph and not feeling like youre gonna tip over!

OH COME ON! Where’s you sense of adventure man? Next you are going to tell us you don’t like roller coasters. LOL

Look back a few postings previous to this thread where I installed “factory like” front sway bar mounts to an Addco bar on my Dart correcting all deficiencies.

-
Back