Adjust curve 440 Source distributor?

-

standup303

Reaction score
Bought a 440 Source distributor and need to reduce the curve from 25. Did not come with paperwork and haven’t heard back from 440 Source in weeks. Can anyone point me in the right direction to change the curve?

Billet Distributor - RB Engine

Without seeing the actual mechanism I can't say for sure but some of those cheap(er) distributors were never intended to be changed.

Can you take a picture of the mechanism? Or a drawing if you can find one?

Edit: 440 Source says it is adjustable. It still depends on what type of advance mechanism they used as to what you need for springs and weights but evidently it was designed to be adjustable.

Last edited:
That Distributor appears NOT to have a VA on it,
making it NOT street friendly, and especially not hi-way friendly if that matters to you. But it works well enough with a higher stall convertor.
Personally, I am a big fan of VA and run 22* in mine.

Without seeing the actual mechanism I can't say for sure but some of those cheap(er) distributors were never intended to be changed.

Can you take a picture of the mechanism? Or a drawing if you can find one?

Edit: 440 Source says it is adjustable. It still depends on what type of advance mechanism they used as to what you need for springs and weights but evidently it was designed to be adjustable.
Thanks for the reply. Below are the pictures.

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

That Distributor appears NOT to have a VA on it,
making it NOT street friendly, and especially not hi-way friendly if that matters to you. But it works well enough with a higher stall convertor.
Personally, I am a big fan of VA and run 22* in mine.
Actually does matter quite a bit. I bought this as the quickest easiest cheapest way to get this motor running before winter.

-
Back