Adjustable brake push rod

-

dgtwo

dgtwo
Reaction score
Does the push rod on a 1973 Duster adjust.my brakes seem to be sticking. I put a new booster on and master cylinder and prop valve. If so how do you do it?

I don't think they had adjustable brake push rods from the factory. You may have a sticking caliper slide or caliper piston if you have disc brakes though. You also might have a defective new master cylinder.

I don't think they had adjustable brake push rods from the factory. You may have a sticking caliper slide or caliper piston if you have disc brakes though. You also might have a defective new master cylinder.
Yeah I have disc brakes. Weird both would go at the same time. I’ll check the calipers and slides thank you

I just remembered I had a similar problem with a 71 Challenger I had back in the 80s. I converted it over to front discs (used all factory stuff from a 72 Satellite Sebring) & it would slowly but surely start dragging the front brakes, the pistons were not returning all the way. The pedal was good & firm, but it ended up having an air bubble trapped in the brake system. I re-bled the brakes & that fixed it. So, it's possible that you still have some air trapped in your brake system also.

I put 74 Brakes on a 68 Dart once and brakes dragged a bit. I made a shim between the MC and Firewall worked out nice . I later bought a new MC for different car and it came with a plastic spacer .

Does the push rod on a 1973 Duster adjust.my brakes seem to be sticking. I put a new booster on and master cylinder and prop valve. If so how do you do it?

The procedure for adjusting the booster pushrod is in the FSM. If you are talking about the rod from the pedal to the booster, when you pull the bolt that connects the rod to the pedal arm, if you can pull the pedal further up, rod length isn't the problem.

-
Back