adjustable strut rods?

-

SirDan

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting adjustable strut rods. I have brand new bushings in my factory ones and they blew up about a year later. I also would like a bit better handeling so i was hoping to go with strut rods with heim joints with no bushings.

My first and most important question, can i put them in without pulling the lower control arm out? assuming i cut the old ones out? I hate cutting old parts but its a lot easier than removing the lower control arm, and if i tried to sell them nobody would probably want them like most of the crap i have sitting around here.

Secondly is it going to be a noticeable improvement in handling? Right now i have the biggest torsion bars, and nice big sway bars. The car seems to push a lot on low speed turns about 0-20 mph.

third what companies do you recommend for them? I'm looking for bang for my buck. If the 20 dollar cheaper ones are **** i would rather spend the other 20 bucks on good ones.
even if it wont help drastically it would almost be worth the money to me to not have to pull the lower control arm and deal with more crap bushings.

Attachments

• 100_3075.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 280
The RMS ones look like they have some kind of poly bushing on them, Do they?

The cap auto parts ones are the best deal around but the RMS ones aren't much more so if they were better quality i may go with them.

not sure if thats poly or not. kinda looks like it though. call RMS and find out for sure.

if your two choices are between rms and cap i would go RMS every time. too many questions with caps quality/workmanship for me.

I just got my RMS strut rods. Everyone should.

I shopped around, and decided on RMS in the end. Honestly, they may have been very affordable, which is attractive in any purchase choice, but I went for the reputation. Bill has some of the best stuff out there so the decision was easy.

...Oh, and the quality? Bar-none the best strut rod out there. I have confidence in years of reliable service out of these, as well as the improved handling and control that goes along with them.

If it pushes, your front end is probably too stiff. You said you have the biggest torsion bars. Are those 1.24"? Stiffer isn't always better. Different problem, but we had to lighten the leafs in our road race car, and it had stock leaf springs.

The RMS ones look like they have some kind of poly bushing on them, Do they?

The cap auto parts ones are the best deal around but the RMS ones aren't much more so if they were better quality i may go with them.
the RMS has aluminum bushings that are anodized black not poly , I just talked to them a couple days ago about this......

-
Back