Adjustable Transbrake buttons for Bottom Bulb Racing ??

-

DARTSPORT

Reaction score
NHRA Division 1 is allowing transbrake, 2 steps , and air shifters this year. I have the air shifter and 2 step taken care of.

My question is about adjustable Transbrake buttons. I am looking at BIONDO - Terminator, or COLLECTOR TETHERS- Just-n-time. Anyone have any experience and or preference.

My car will go about .040 RED if I am leaving at the flash of the last yellow. Car is 1973 Dodge Dart sport, 540 cu. in. 727 3 speed auto, 4.10 gears. Torgue converter flashes to 5700. Usually 60 foot of 1.24 to 1.25 . Will carry front wheels out to about 50'.Best et 9.14 at 146 mph. Usually 9.20's et. We are freshening the engine now. will have a few more horsepower, guessing about 40 - 50 hp.

Trying to figure out what to order....

Sorry nothing to help you with as to your question but am wondering what advantage you expect to see now that all that stuff is allowed in div1,being a div 1 foot braker trying to see why the change besides being in line with the other divisions.Just looking for opinions and your the 1st i've seen making the change.
Thanks

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Sorry nothing to help you with as to your question but am wondering what advantage you expect to see now that all that stuff is allowed in div1,being a div 1 foot braker trying to see why the change besides being in line with the other divisions.Just looking for opinions and your the 1st i've seen making the change.
Thanks
I don't expect any advantage. Hopefully I can get my lights a little better with the adjustable button. I have to wait a little after the last yellow comes on now, so I don't go red.
Oh yeah , a little advantage with the air shifter, hopefully being a little more consistent with it shifting at the same rpm all the time. Sometimes I can be a little early or late shifting on my own. My car does pickup or slow down a little, if I am early or late on the shift rpm's.

I don't expect any advantage. Hopefully I can get my lights a little better with the adjustable button. I have to wait a little after the last yellow comes on now, so I don't go red.
Oh yeah , a little advantage with the air shifter, hopefully being a little more consistent with it shifting at the same rpm all the time. Sometimes I can be a little early or late shifting on my own. My car does pickup or slow down a little, if I am early or late on the shift rpm's.[/QUOTE]
Many guys starting to use those long throw switches that are adjustable. They act as a delay box
In categories where a real delay box is not legal. Terminator by biondo has one I believe.

I just ordered this one..
This is a pic of The Predator Button, with the Piranha mount, made by Duran Racing Products. It will mount to my 1/4 stick shifter. It is NHRA approved.

Duran Racing Products Transbrake adjustable switch 3-1-19.jpg

I would get the small adjustable moroso first.if you need the just in time they’re great.mount horizontal and they will wear and release crooked later.adjust to never red light & you ll win more rounds

-
Back