adjusting ride height on SS springs

-

acpat

Reaction score
Any reason to adjust torsion bars resulting in rear of car being level. I installed 2800lb super stock springs on my 68 valiant. I could care less about one side being higher than the other. My question is does it hurt/help performance to level it. chassis book does not mention it.

If it's your Avatar, it looks high in the front. -- I prefer the look that's level, or a little below, with the front down slightly. -- Just My 2 cents.

I like the rake of the rear end a few inches higher than the front myself... I think that they handle better that way also...

The point is to adjust the torsion bars to get the car level. That way the passenger side rear tire has more weight on it to help with traction

It has a good rake that I like. I will adjust it so car is level. Thank you mischiefdart that is what I was looking for.

The point is to adjust the torsion bars to get the car level. That way the passenger side rear tire has more weight on it to help with traction

Which "level" are you saying to adjust for?
The rear to be level from side to side?
Or the car being level front to back?

Side to side level is what you want. That way there is wedge or in other words more weight on the left front and right rear tires.

Yes, it will hurt performance to level it. In order for the car to launch properly, the front end needs to be able to rise. If it is already high, it cannot rise as much and weight transfer to the rear wheels on launch is lost.

rusty my car has a nice rake to it now. My old avatar pic was with no motor in the car (you could see the jack handle sticking out behind the rear tire holding the *** end up). I was asking about leveling it left to right not front to back.

http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/acpat/library/?sort=3&page=1

what car looks like now with 2800lb ss springs, mp shocks, 340 torsion bars, and 360 magnum 4 speed in it.

changed avatar pic to reflect current state lol

-
Back