Adventures in the Mopar hobby.

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
Just visited with YY1-it was awesome! Stand up guy. Great enthusiasm and helpful!!

460+ mile round trip, in a civic, to pick up a slant six engine. Pics to come, but have to race the daily rain. :)

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

that is totally awesome ! and people thought I were crazy for taking the passenger seat out of my duster to get the 440 to the machine shop LMAO !!

Sweet! However it's a good thing you didn't get in a wreck, that baby could have done some serious damage to you.

Just visited with YY1-it was awesome! Stand up guy. Great enthusiasm and helpful!!

460+ mile round trip, in a civic, to pick up a slant six engine. Pics to come, but have to race the daily rain. :)

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

your coolness level just went up a 1000 points :D Glad that six didn't go to the poo poo pile.

I never expected anyone to use a civic like that......that is improvising to get the mission done!! I love it!!

Lifting an engine barefoot!!! I have done that before lol .......like I said .....coolness level just went up big time. :)

BTW: I think I have a center sump car oil pan for that if you are going to put it in a car. LMK if you need it.

Lordie, "what a haul," LOL For some reason, LOL this reminds me of "the great and all powerful pig disaster."

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=257212

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• fair-pig-races-e1312927265227.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 295
Wonder if that would qualify as a passenger so you can use the hov lane?

I've hauled around a 413 engine in a stretched '64 Chrysler for a few months until I had a better place to put this engine...

MotorTransport800.jpg

Some of you guys are "haulin bastards." Probably the worst thing I ever did (for only about 5 miles on a county road) was that I had an steel A frame, and adapted it to the rear bumper of my 74 Ford Courier. Ran chains up toward the cab end of the bed.

I was junking out a Landcruiser wagon, and hauled the ol inline 6 ('bout as heavy as a battleship) downtown to some kid who thought he wanted it

Almost forgot about this one;
Here's a pic of my '62 Chrysler wagon, loaded with a 392 Hemi and a HD Dana60 rearaxle. Had to take the heads off the Hemi so it would fit in the low area of the wagon.
All that iron made the brakepedal controlling the 4 brakedrums a lot less effective I can tell you.
Wasn't until long I installed some very needed disc brakes in the wagon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/BigBlockMopar/392-Hemi/IMG_1390.jpg

AUT18054.jpg

I'm not too sure, LOL, that I'd be braggin about some 'o dos' lods

Was quite the adventure for sure.

Two guys, a small car, a slant, a little ingenuity, some teamwork, and a fair amount of grunt force.

...but we got it done.

John, you are a super nice guy.

I enjoyed our little "engineering challenge".

Please keep us posted on your projects,

That is me with the bare feet. lol I couldn't stop laughing the entire time. The highlight of my week! :glasses7:

-
Back