Advice needed.....

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
on which master cylinder to use on a 70 dodge dart with KH front discs and stock drum rear. everything bone stock

Sounds like you would want a MC from a 1970 dart with disc brakes, unless there is more to this than you are posting. If the car is completely stock you just need a factory spec replacement.

If its a manual brake car and you don't want to use two feet to get it to stop then order a master cylinder for a '73 Duster 340 with power disc brakes. Its a direct bolt on with a 15/16" bore. rockauto.com has them.

If its a manual brake car and you don't want to use two feet to get it to stop then order a master cylinder for a '73 Duster 340 with power disc brakes. Its a direct bolt on with a 15/16" bore. rockauto.com has them.

You told me exactly what I needed to know, thank you Sir.

The original had a 1" bore and you don't want that; that is a horrible set up for these cars. 15/16" is where its at. And rockauto has a nice new one for $56 if you can swing that. I highly recommend you put some 7/8" rear wheel cylinders on there too. Order those for a '72 Dodge D100 truck rear wheels. Those will bolt right on and reduce pressure to the rear for more balanced braking.

-
Back