Advice on shift kit

-

70Swinger510

Bay Area Swinger
Reaction score
What is a good shift improver kit? should i go with a b&m or a tci kit?

Opinions

for a 727?

i have a factory valve body, i believe my 727 came out of an older van. i also have a floor shifter, should i just get a manual valve body, i usually like to shift the car myself...

Most guys here will tell you Transgo TF-2. I installed one. Fast, easy works great. Works on both 904 and 727

I have been given the advice of a trans go TF-2 kit by many members here.

I just bought a 727,and 3000 stall converter, used. supposed to be only 13 passes on it. Turbo Action parts and converter. Reverse manual, etc.
So I still had questions, as the band adjustments, ans front and rear shaft clearances were m markered on the body.
I called T/A, tech line busy. Woman took my # and said they will call back. No call, I ain't happy.
The next day Paul Forte called me, apologized for not getting back, as a race was in pre's, and phone line to racer's was swamped.
The man spent 20 minutes with me, even though I didn't buy anything from him, asking what # was this?, etc. OK, that is our reverse manual, etc. I ask stupid ? like, is it streetable?
Answer is yeah, as long as your foot ain't in it when you shift- it shifts hard.
Make sure the motor and trans mounts are good. With that converter not under full throotle, it will forgive a lot.
A long what fluid conversation, etc.
I'm impressed.
Can't wait to resolve the timing issue and get it off the stands.
Turbo Action seems high priced, but never heard bad about them.
Heard bad about TCI.

Trans-go TF-2 is the best I've used. Much more advanced kit than TCI, B&M or Turbo Action. Never had a problem yet with a Trans-go.

Trans-go TF-2 is the best I've used. Much more advanced kit than TCI, B&M or Turbo Action. Never had a problem yet with a Trans-go.

Same here. And relatively cheap. I think around $70. I got mine installed in under an hour (transmission was already out).

-
Back