Aerohead racing heads concern

-

Reaction score
I can say in the future Ive had alot of experience CCing heads cause I did both sets another 3 times and got all anal on them. These are the readings.

84 79
86 77
86 77
84 79

I am sure these are accurate readings, no error.

They advertise these heads as having 86-88 CC combustion chambers.

Im going to call them this morning, without saying too much at this point Ill just say a woman sometimes answers the phone and sometimes a guy, the guy struck me as not being overly customer friendly, after calling a few times I had to ask the woman if there was someone else I could speak with and was informed that the guy is the guy.

Any thoughts?

Just called them and spoke to the guy, he couldnt have been nicer, told me he would pick up the head and ship me another matching the first at no charge.

I really thought this was going to be a fiasco but I was wrong

Last edited:
I can say in the future Ive had alot of experience CCing heads cause I did both sets another 3 times and got all anal on them. These are the readings.

84 79
86 77
86 77
84 79

I am sure these are accurate readings, no error.

They advertise these heads as having 86-88 CC combustion chambers.

Im going to call them this morning, without saying too much at this point Ill just say a woman sometimes answers the phone and sometimes a guy, the guy struck me as not being overly customer friendly, after calling a few times I had to ask the woman if there was someone else I could speak with and was informed that the guy is the guy.

Any thoughts?

Just called them and spoke to the guy, he couldnt have been nicer, told me he would pick up the head and ship me another matching the first at no charge.

I really thought this was going to be a fiasco but I was wrong
i've never even heard of these heads

Interesting-did they give you two different casting numbers? It almost looks like they mixed up a closed chamber and an open chamber head.

Probably a moot point, but do you have a couple pix you can post?

aerohead = Indy cylinderhead not the best customer service. the port work on my heads was ugly to say the least. sent the first set back, second was better but not worth the cost. I wont even get started on the Chinese valves that were in the heads........

Good job in checking the chamber volume and not ASSuming it's correct.

I can't tell you how many times I've taken stuff apart and it was nothing like the customer thought it was.

Check everything.

Interesting-did they give you two different casting numbers? It almost looks like they mixed up a closed chamber and an open chamber head.

Probably a moot point, but do you have a couple pix you can post?

I can take a picture of the cylinder head Im keeping if you would like but the one going bak has already been boxed and sealed for its return trip. Let me know

they probably shaved one head more than the other is my guess. a cockeyed engine for sure.

I've inspected Aerohead product. (pair of 440 heads, some years ago) I won't recommend them for anything but something to get a car running. Probably ok for a stock engine repair but that's about it.

-
Back