aeromtive fuel pump

-

ian

Reaction score
hi , i have a a2000 aeromotive pump after running it for 4 weeks ,its got real noisy its below fuel cell and rubber mounted line are -8 in / out an by pass ,has any one else had this happen an tips to fix it

When mine got noisy, and it sounded like it was vibrating itself to death,, well it did. about a week after the noise started it died. I used a holley blue for 3 years, but when you think of how many actual miles on it, maybe 300 it kinda sucks. I even have a filter before the pump. Put a second one in and 3 years later it's still going ok.

I think you're pump maybe on the way out. Can you get a rebuild kit?

pump is only 3 mths old 3hrs running time.

Do you have a filter before and after the pump? if not it's probably got trash in it.

When its running, is it hot? If so, it probably needs a better ground.

Also make sure it's feeding well. A lot of times they get put in a bad place and don't get a constant supply of fuel.

I like Mallory pumps. Super quiet, last forever.

Like LXguy said, what does your fuel system consist of?
100micron before the filter and not a 40micron right?

If you are using it for a daily driver and your feeds are undersized you are taxing the pump....you can get a voltage limiter/controller for about 300 that will stop the problems you have but still able you to race and deliver gas when you need it.

Call
Aeromotivge...they are very coll guys that will bhelp you solve your probs.

They are about 20 miles from me and I am using their products as well.

Call them then tell us what they say....it will help us all.

Mop

After no more than 200 miles mine quit completely. took it apart - bottom sealed bearing had seized - replaced it for $12 and has ran at least 500 miles and 50 trips down the track. Their all noisey it seems.

hi , i have a a2000 aeromotive pump after running it for 4 weeks ,its got real noisy its below fuel cell and rubber mounted line are -8 in / out an by pass ,has any one else had this happen an tips to fix it

Yes....it is a pump...not a library.

Try this...look at the pad. Rubber/cork/rubber/loud stereo.

Mop

100_2235w.jpg

think that -8 supply line is to small causing cavitation will try - 10 and speak to aermotive next week.

My Aeromotive pump did the exact same thing, and went out. I replaced it with a Holley Blue pump and never looked back.

Not to wave the flag but Aeromotive is made here in the USA....I don't know where Holly has there stuff made but I have a feeling some of it is not made here in the USA.

Call Aeromotive, the owner will do whatever it takes to get you going with his product. Lenexa, KS is the headquarters.

Mop

spoke to aeromotive last night they said use -10 supply line that should help fix it, will let you know hell it goes thank ian.

thank guys bigger supply line fixed the problem.

-
Back