afb, avs, t q, metering rods

-

perfacar

Reaction score
hi, trying to read numbers on metering rods is a pain, i found , use a magnifying plug reader light, works wonderful can set on rod and read numbers lots easier. just food for thought. also, can read jet sizes also.

My father in law was in the art field and used a tool to get up real close on print and pictures for his job. The item is called a “Loop” he said. It has a small magnifying lens that was slightly adjustable inside a small metal square. It was connected to to other hinged square for a predetermined height.

hi, trying to read numbers on metering rods is a pain, i found , use a magnifying plug reader light, works wonderful can set on rod and read numbers lots easier. just food for thought. also, can read jet sizes also.
I've gotten to where I just say "screw it" and get the dial calipers out. lol For jets, I still struggle. LOL

I can’t see Holley jets let alone those tiny air bleeds. I’ve been using a plug reader for several years. I need the light too.

It sucks getting old.

I can’t see Holley jets let alone those tiny air bleeds. I’ve been using a plug reader for several years. I need the light too.

It sucks getting old.
Like one of these? How well does it work?
PLUG READER

Last edited:
Yeah, kinda like that one but the one I use has a bigger diameter magnifier than the one you posted.

Im getting ready to suck it up and buy a nice microscope so I can use that to see down to the bottom of these hotter plugs. I can make it display on my computer screen or the giant monitor I’m going to buy.
Now try it. I caint see what you posted either. lol

-
Back