afermarket radio

-

1970PAValiant

master of the break down
Reaction score
anyone know a good source for main and acc power for an aftermarket radio, either that or should I run a power wire from the batt to it and instal a relay for the acc?

The radio power ( red ) and illumination ( orange ) are in the factory wiring harness. A power supply for memory is needed.
In the 67 up rallye dash where a clock was placed in the center pod they ran that yellow wire right off the black wire side of the amp gauge. No fuse either ( odd ). When I added the clock I ran the yellow wire from same source , down to the column door and place a inline fuse holder there marked "clock". Today the clock is replaced with performance indicator and that yellow wire is marked "stereo memory".
My personal unwritten commandment is "Thou shalt not branch the brake light circuitry".

For the memory i just ran straight off the battery with a fuse. quick and simple. I just used the factory radio power wire for my key ON source.

Factory radio didn't have a memory wire or yellow at all. I think yellow in your cars dash center area would be dome lamp. Would serve the same purpose being hot at all times.

Factory radio didn't have a memory wire or yellow at all. I think yellow in your cars dash center area would be dome lamp. Would serve the same purpose being hot at all times.

or cigarette lighter

-
Back