Affordable protection for your racing operation

-

Les Gibson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon fellow Mopar racers. I thought I would share this information with you in case anyone would be interested. I want to make it clear that I'm only sharing information and not submitting an ad nor am I being compensated in any way, shape or form. Anyway, recently at one of my local tracks a friend of mine lost control of his car at the top end and had a really bad accident. His car was totaled, but thankfully he came out of it with only bumps and bruises. He's not a man of much means and he had to scrape and save to be able to race and keep his car going. Now most likely we won't see him racing again any time soon. This got me to thinking about my operation. I've got a good job that pays well and when I bought the Arrow that was a major purchase/investment for me. Then this spring a bought a new trailer set up the way I've always wanted and it's financed. My friends accident got me thinking about what would I do if I had a on track accident or an accident towing to and from a race. I'd seen this company's ads on facebook and TV but thought their insurance would be way too expensive for me to afford. But last week I decided to contact Laris Motorsports Insurance to get a quote so I would get the sticker shock! I was very much mistaken. I got full agreed value coverage for the Arrow and my trailer including all contents ( golf cart, tools, etc.) with ON TRACK COVERAGE for $110 per month! I was floored. I sign up and now I feel relieved knowing if something happened to the car, trailer or both I won't be left holding the bag. Just wanted to share this in case any of you have the same worries.

Good afternoon fellow Mopar racers. I thought I would share this information with you in case anyone would be interested. I want to make it clear that I'm only sharing information and not submitting an ad nor am I being compensated in any way, shape or form. Anyway, recently at one of my local tracks a friend of mine lost control of his car at the top end and had a really bad accident. His car was totaled, but thankfully he came out of it with only bumps and bruises. He's not a man of much means and he had to scrape and save to be able to race and keep his car going. Now most likely we won't see him racing again any time soon. This got me to thinking about my operation. I've got a good job that pays well and when I bought the Arrow that was a major purchase/investment for me. Then this spring a bought a new trailer set up the way I've always wanted and it's financed. My friends accident got me thinking about what would I do if I had a on track accident or an accident towing to and from a race. I'd seen this company's ads on facebook and TV but thought their insurance would be way too expensive for me to afford. But last week I decided to contact Laris Motorsports Insurance to get a quote so I would get the sticker shock! I was very much mistaken. I got full agreed value coverage for the Arrow and my trailer including all contents ( golf cart, tools, etc.) with ON TRACK COVERAGE for $110 per month! I was floored. I sign up and now I feel relieved knowing if something happened to the car, trailer or both I won't be left holding the bag. Just wanted to share this in case any of you have the same worries.
Deductible?

I've heard good things about Laris from the drag and drive community. Whenever this topic comes up in one of the Facebook groups, pretty much everyone recommends Laris. I have Hagerty currently, but have thought about switching over to Laris.

I just requested a quote with a value of $30,000. Rough quote was $600
I'm sure there will be more information when they email a more detailed quote. Thanks for the heads up!

My Dart ( race car ) and and my 92 D150 are both covered by Heacock ( American Modern ) the Dart is covered everywhere except on the actual track.. a few years ago someone " hit and ran " the 1/4 panel of the Dart while it sat outside my trailer at the track resulting on $2400 worth of damage. They paid promptly and with out hassle , minus a small deductible. My truck used to be on my regular car insurance and the Dart had no insurance at all My wife talked me into insuring it and I finally did after talking to them at Chryslers at Carlisle. Now that the truck is older than 25 years I can get antique plates and I did with the collectors car insurance my insurance price went from almost $900 just for te truck to a few hundred for both it and the Dart

Do the antique plates limit the times the vehicle can be driven?

Technically yes but the laws aren’t really enforced . You aren’t supposed to use it for daily transportation etc. I haven’t heard about anybody being pulled over and questioned about it. To be honest I really don’t drive the truck much if I do it’s just to a cruise , show or the track as I race it on occasion

IMG_0493.jpeg

I got a stern talking to one evening by the sheriff, I have antique plates on my 48 Willys Cj -2a.
I was walking out of a convenience store on a Thursday evening with a 12 pack of beer.
He gave me a good talking to about driving on parade tags, I said the beer was to work on another antique car at my house, he said take it home.
The willys is super nice, painted etc, but I have a bad habit about driving it everywhere any time.
Antique tags here in WV are allowed to drive from Noon on Friday, until Noon on Monday like regular tags.
I bet the beer was the reason he was giving me crap. When he found out I was sober, he did not really care.

-
Back