After 5 years I'm back at the 67 Barracuda coupe.

-

cudamike13

cudamike13
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife and I purchased a "fixer upper" for a good price up in NGA mountains. I'm finished with house and now back to Barracuda!

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

360 based 416 stroker built by Mike at MRL. 8 3/4 b body rear, front disc's, 1.03 torsion bars, new S.S. brake and fuel lines.

I will try to find some more pics.

looking good as far as I can tell. about where my 66 barracuda is at in its process. good luck.

Welcome back! Not sure if you have run the MRL motor or not, but Mike is now closed and there seems to be a lot of questions about his builds.
Just a heads up, hate to see a setback.
Again, welcome back!
360 based 416 stroker built by Mike at MRL. 8 3/4 b body rear, front disc's, 1.03 torsion bars, new S.S. brake and fuel lines.

I will try to find some more pics.

The engine or the car?

Either way, I approve.
Engine! Lol I'm getting it together in the next 6 months! That's my plan, you know how those things go. However I am now single (widower) again and it will probably get done, as I get to make all the decisions now.

Welcome back! Not sure if you have run the MRL motor or not, but Mike is now closed and there seems to be a lot of questions about his builds.
Just a heads up, hate to see a setback.
Again, welcome back!
Wow, I hate to hear that! I am on track to have it running in early spring. I will let everybody know how it does.

Not trying to be negative, hoping for the best, maybe give the engine a "once over" to be on the safe side?
When you say "once over", do you mean take pan off and look at bearings? I took valve covers off and everything looked ok. Maybe take off head and inspect bores? I can do that, hope I don't have to. I'm going to try pumping up oil pressure and slowly rotating engine by hand and feel how it rotates. What do you think?
Mike

LOTS more knowledgable engine guys here. Yeah priming, a leak down and compression test?
Maybe pose the question in "small block" forum? Sorry not trying to get you worried, just better safe then sorry. Not sure if there ever was a quality issue with MRL, I've just read about "inflated numbers"
No 1st hand knowledge, just what ive read.
Do a search "MRL" maybe?
I wouldnt think pan or heads need to come off.
When you say "once over", do you mean take pan off and look at bearings? I took valve covers off and everything looked ok. Maybe take off head and inspect bores? I can do that, hope I don't have to. I'm going to try pumping up oil pressure and slowly rotating engine by hand and feel how it rotates. What do you think?
Mike

You are not to far from me in Dawsonville/Cumming. Bring it D’Ville this coming Memorial Day to GRHOF!

LOTS more knowledgable engine guys here. Yeah priming, a leak down and compression test?
Maybe pose the question in "small block" forum? Sorry not trying to get you worried, just better safe then sorry. Not sure if there ever was a quality issue with MRL, I've just read about "inflated numbers"
No 1st hand knowledge, just what ive read.
Do a search "MRL" maybe?
I wouldnt think pan or heads need to come off.
Thank you 4spd ragtop!
Inflated numbers I can deal with! LLOL

-
Back