After Market K-Frame

-

KP

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the stock K-Frame in their A-Body with an after market unit an if so what brand and why?

Thanks...

i run the alter-k-tion.. why? because when i was researching them i never heard one bad word about the alter-k. every post i read about the alter-k everyone praised the customer service,ease of the installation and the quality of the product after it was instaled. heard way too much bad about magnumforce and dare. and recently on this board a member had a very bad experience with cap.

Alter-k is the best by far. Here some shots of the assembly.
MATS2008002_edited.jpg

frontsuspen014.jpg

CIMG1610.jpg

CIMG1621web.jpg

CIMG1635web.jpg

AlterK........modified a little. Perfect fit and at the time Magnumforce required a motor plate (they got mounts now as an option).

100_1079 (3).jpg

ive never had enough money to buy one yet but if i could i would get an alter-k-tion. like abodyjoe said, ive only heard good things aboutit. ive heard bad things, like quality control, from some of the others like magnumforce

What you I find these and what should I exspect to pay?

Don't have the RMS in an a-body but have bought it for my b-body. Bill has put a lot of engineering into the unit. It cost something like $3500 for my setup for the B body. I went with rack and pinion, his brake setup(which is like a 72 Monte Carlo) and no powder coating. You also get the shocks and can do a one time swap on them if you don't like the ones you choose. Bill is a pretty easy guy to talk to also. I used the setup simply because it dealt with the shock tower issue and would provide better header clearence. Abodyjoe runs his(Mine is still in the box) so he could give you specifics. I do not believe any of these units are DOT certified though. That does not mean they are for drag only though. Mine will be for street use and Bill Reilly runs his on the street also.

Try these guys: http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/cf.html

Control Freak has a website but doesn't show the Mopar product. Mr Norm's GSS Dart has the control freak set-up. I don't like Reilly or Magnum. I talk to the guys at CF at SEMA in '06 and the seemed to be pretty cool.

Call them and talk price.

control freak is a cheap knock off of an alter-k.

-
Back