after sitting for 5 hours my car went from running great to running terrible

-
my main goal in the long run would be to PROPERLY get the engine tuned up and taken care of. but before i get that far i wanted to see how it drives and shifts and handles. and i wanted to make sure the engine runs well before i totally tear everything apart. my best guess is if the engine is a strong runner in bad shape it'll be a real strong runner in good shape. i did get everything working well enough to go for a few test runs around town (much thanks to all the help on this site!). it shifts great, stops on a dime, no more backfiring, the suspension is real smooth, it goes straight with very little play in the steering. i just wanted to be able to take a test drive or two to see if it would be worth even fixing it up. i just didn't want to put too much into it because its a 79 2wd d150 and i don't think the resale value is very high. only paid 500 for it though. thanks again to everyone for the advice and suggestions.

What nobody else asked is how the hell did did.pine needles get into your engine?!?!?!

i'm convinced that the guy i bought it from must've had it apart and left it apart for a while.

What nobody else asked is how the hell did did.pine needles get into your engine?!?!?!

i suppose anything would be guesses and assumptions seeings he bought the car like that. glad he is working out the kinks

-
Back