Aftermarket 1970 Dart tail lights

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Does anyone make aftermarket tail lights for a 70 Dart? I would be interested in a clear, or new repo's.
Thanks

several of the restoration parts outlet have them. Layson's restorations, Classic Industries are a couple.

I have seen those. I know I wasn't clear, but I was kinda wondering if there are any clear lenses or anything custom out there.

Abodyjoe has a beautiful set of programmable LED boards . You'd be hard pressed to find better custom/production parts than them. I think they are digitails iirc.

There's a seller on Ebay that sells some stupid cheap ones. I think they are from Mexico. It's a gamble whether you'll get good ones or cracked ones from what I have read.

Thanks for the responses. I should have also stated that I have the Digitails LED programmable tail lights. But my lenses are going to break when I take them out. I have taken the screws out and I can't get them to budge at all, like they are glued in there. I am pulling so hard, I can hear the plastic starting to crack.

Never saw any clear ones yet. Be&a may have stock looking ones. Not sure on the quality though.

The diga tails look cool with a scamp lens. The pattern is a little different then the dart lens. I never realized it until the led board went in.

Never saw any clear ones yet. Be&a may have stock looking ones. Not sure on the quality though.

The diga tails look cool with a scamp lens. The pattern is a little different then the dart lens. I never realized it until the led board went in.

Is there a difference in appearance or only the round pattern in the lens molding itself?

You can get the cheap Chinese ones that don't fit very well but are cheap, or get a set from BE/A that are 250 ish but are much better quality. You have to modify the Chinese one before they will even fit.

There is something called release agent (no joke) from 3M that is to get trim adhesive off the body, but I has used it successfully to get things like tail light lenses that have an old rubber gasket to let go. Good Luck!

There is something called release agent (no joke) from 3M that is to get trim adhesive off the body, but I has used it successfully to get things like tail light lenses that have an old rubber gasket to let go. Good Luck!

I may try that, thank you.

BE & A are the best out there but they too are also chinese but are injected acrylic ....Be-careful as some of the lenses are poured cast resin and not injected acrylic like the factory ones. The difference is this is a pic of what a poured resin 73-4 Charger taillight looks like after sitting on a table for sale in the sun and they melt just from your the heat of the brake light bulb.....

Attachments

• melted-ChargerLens (Small).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 108
-
Back