Aftermarket AC suggestion?

-

mbrooks573

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Just bought a 66 Cuda S model. I'm down in Atlanta and plan to use it as a daily driver. We've had a mild summer but I still think she will need AC. Any suggestions on a unit to put in? I've known folks to buy the universal unit from Auto AC Solutions, but don't have any experience with other manufacturers. Any suggestions on which units work the best (or ones to stay away from)? Thanks!

I've used Vintage Air in numerous vehicles and like their design and function. I'm also partial to them because I live really close to their headquarters which makes life easier. They offer a rental mock up unit for each of their designs so you can trial fit it into your specific application. They will deduct the cost from your purchase if you end up buying. Classic Auto Air is another option.

I installed Vintage Air in two of my vehicles and am satisfied with both. However, unless they've changed in recent years, they know very little about Mopars. I did a writeup on the install in my '64 Valiant convertible. It's on another website, but if you are interested, PM me and I'll provide a link.

-
Back