Aftermarket Barracuda Dash Bezel - Reviews???

-
The number one reason I wouldn't get the New PG Classic bezel for the 67 is the fan switch, the 67 didn't have the box with the lettering.

Alan

The number one reason I wouldn't get the New PG Classic bezel for the 67 is the fan switch, the 67 didn't have the box with the lettering.

Alan
I dunno mine has it. Its a 67 dash

Screenshot_20190228-115925.png

Bezel is PG classic repop. Opening for heater control is moulded in with the bezel. Not sure what your saying about dart dash. If your saying 1970 dart w rallye dash, you would be incorrect. This one is for 67. Has correct radio hole, and has spot for the hazard switch on the dash.

For 67 model the OEM rally bezel didn't have anything more than a framed slot at the fan switch. Why? is any ones guess. I don't know if any standard bezel before 68 had completed labelling at the fan switch. The fact that the aftermarket did complete this detail on their reproduction 67 bezel doesn't bother me. I do wish the OEM engineers had done a better job of lining up the 2 square frames. Frame at fan switch sits about .05 higher than the adjacent frame.

Last edited:
Ok, i understand what your talking about. Found pic of my old 67 gage bezel i sold. It wont upload though

I think they do offer a matching glove box door bezel but without the Barracuda script and fish. Did you notice a footnote at that webpage stating "You will need to relate the wiper switch" ? They put the hole for it where the factory hole is/was before they realized the gauge gets into the space required.
I guess the factory headlight switch does fit. It will be mighty close. Maybe they suggest a different headlight switch?
I contacted them offering my D.I.N. compatible rally panel design, support plate for stereo head unit and any 67 through 71 climate controller, the works. They never replied.
Good luck with it.

View attachment 1715296067

That looks awesome! Well Done!

I haven't test fit switches yet. I'll have to take a look eventually...
I was planning to swap the Heater/AC Controls and Radio locations too. Nice work!
I sent the first bezel I bought back and exchanged it for one without the heater control cut outs.
I'm using the Classic Auto Air Controls so they can be mounted easily in the stock radio location.
These controls but Black. Elite Rectangle Billet Controller
CONTROL-16-2131-800x533.jpg

Building the car for my son so he may decide not to have a Head Unit at all and opt for a hidden Bluetooth based Android/iPhone compatible system. May just have a touch screen dispay.
Wondering how large a display could fit where the heater controls were deleted. Could display maps, rearview cam, dash cam, OBDII diags play vids... I'll leave that up to him.

I made inserts of ABS using my router to make the Speedo and Tach holes smaller for the Speed Hut 4.5" cut out required. More pictures here. See post #173
G3 Hemi 69 Barracuda Fastback Father Son Project

This is the current state of the Gauge Bezel after modding the large openings to make them smaller. Before the mod the tach and speedo holes were bigger than the gauges.
They are 4.5" and the cut outs are for 5" gauges. But I wanted Speed Hut!
faqwmhxlltvyf3gjy3nr8vbwnjrlydhjopzkajqhjgjlglagbwz__hia6twiroth1dvtx68im5ika-w3719-h1139-no-jpg.jpg

When I bought my bezel from classic dash they had not made the Glove Box trim yet.
I ordered one when they came out. It was crap so I sold it.
Going to make my own. It's just ABS plastic.
That is next on my to do list.

How in the world are you going to mount your heater controls in that ? That are normally bolted to the metal gage housing on a rallye dash.
Classic Auto Air Billet Controls for the Classic Auto Air system.
I'm sure I will figure it out. Going where the stock radio would have been.
Returned the first Bezel with the Heater Control Cut Outs for one with the Heater Control holes deleted. Will place the head unit in the stock heater control location if we decide to put a head unit in at all.
CONTROL-16-2131-800x533.jpg

faqwmhxlltvyf3gjy3nr8vbwnjrlydhjopzkajqhjgjlglagbwz__hia6twiroth1dvtx68im5ika-w3719-h1139-no-jpg.jpg

1969cuda,

what about my 67 aftermarket repop bezel or 'Cuda_ragtops aftermarket custom bezel do you disagree with ? I think they both look great for the intended look. Mine for stock , and 'Cuda_ragtops for a custom look.

Is there something wrong with repops or custom parts?

On that aftermarket custom look gage bezel you have 'Cuda_ragtop, personally if i was going to use one of those myself, i would epoxy some spacer type reinforcements on the back side at all the screw mounting holes before screwing it on. Otherwise its going to want to pull inward at each screw hole if you want to tighten it up enough so that its not loose in the dash

Last edited:
Classic Auto Air Billet Controls for the Classic Auto Air system.
I'm sure I will figure it out. Going where the stock radio would have been.
Returned the first Bezel with the Heater Control Cut Outs for one with the Heater Control holes deleted. Will place the head unit in the stock heater control location if we decide to put a head unit in at all.
View attachment 1715297183

View attachment 1715297184
Aftermarket units are built to D.I.N. standards, single D.I.N. and double D.I.N. You could google that to learn more. Single D.I.N. doesn't fit where OEM radio was ( we all know that ). If your aftermarket climate controller was built to the same standard it wouldn't fit between the rails of the OEM bezel either. Good luck with that.
Single D.I.N. does fit where climate controller was ( per my pic ). Double D.I.N. will not fit up there. There are single D.I.N. units that have a larger display that comes out and tilts down. Might even be motorized movement.
A custom spacer between my head unit and bezel to level the head unit really can't be seen in straight on view but its there.
Depth of the head unit is a factor also. Too deep will reach wiper pivot and linkage.

I wonder if those holes/screws are a 68 "only" thing? It's a possibility as 68 only has the lowest paid, so top pads would need to be "tucked in"? I'll see if I can find my dash reference pics.

I wonder if those holes/screws are a 68 "only" thing? It's a possibility as 68 only has the lowest paid, so top pads would need to be "tucked in"? I'll see if I can find my dash reference pics.
Thanks Steve. I couldn’t find the dash pad anywhere, out of stock everywhere so I purchased this one from PG classics on eBay and honestly it looks great though it doesn’t feel or weigh like a steel core even though it’s the one I bought. Weight about 10lbs. Either way I’m returning because it has a slight bend which is very disappointing. Secondly, the hardware isn’t there for that last hole where it meets bottom pad. Calling PG Classics and hoping to get answers.

happy

There wasn't any special hardware for the screw at the turned down end of the pad. Just a sheet metal screw with 1/4 hex head. The 68 only may be different from all others there. Your hole looks too big for typical sheet metal screw without a flat washer.

There wasn't any special hardware for the screw at the turned down end of the pad. Just a sheet metal screw with 1/4 hex head. The 68 only may be different from all others there. Your hole looks too big for typical sheet metal screw without a flat washer.
What do you guys suggest I do? I spoke with PG Classics and they’re offering me an exchange on another dash pad and this time they’ll make it’s not damaged. Sorry I’ll probably start a new thread.

All I can tell you is this one is hard as an effing rock. Better have shoulder belts, otherwise in a wreck, the passengers forehead will be the shape of the pads edge facing the the passengers.

All I can tell you is this one is hard as an effing rock. Better have shoulder belts, otherwise in a wreck, the passengers forehead will be the shape of the pads edge facing the the passengers.
I called Classic Industries earlier they confirmed. They sell the PG Classics dash pad. Metal core one is $507 :rolleyes:

-
Back