Aftermarket Blocks

-

EXcappa

Reaction score
Hi All,

Are any manufacturers making aftermarket small blocks in the U.S?
I've been keeping an eye out for the likes of an R3 or Ritter block but not having any luck.

Cheers
EXcappa

Mopar R3 went NS1 last June.... No longer in production.

Ritter iron block...... I believe there is ONE iron block in existence that I've ever heard of that is running, and that wasn't without bucket loads of issues.

Ritter aluminum block: there's been two builds that have been posted on moparts, the latest by a member in Kansas which has had the most promise.

Mopar R3 went NS1 last June.... No longer in production.

Ritter iron block...... I believe there is ONE iron block in existence that I've ever heard of that is running, and that wasn't without bucket loads of issues.

Ritter aluminum block: there's been two builds that have been posted on moparts, the latest by a member in Kansas which has had the most promise.

That does not sound good at all, what are the issues with the iron block that you have heard?
I thought aluminium blocks would have too much flex with big power, is that correct?

Lots of machining issues that had to be corrected on the Ritter block from what I've read. Used R blocks are out there, you just have to be ready to buy when you find one.

Thanks Justin, Can you tell me what sites that I should be keeping an eye on to find one?

MoParts has a hughe for sale area.
Here, at FABO, is the next biggest for sale area I know of.

Yes check the classifieds on Moparts, e bay, search Craig's list and do a google search.

that is interesting.... but I bet it's a pipedream that's already been flushed to the bottom of the ocean. Give Hughes a call and report back....

just tryin to help I already run an r3 no need to look further .

we have a agent in oz for ritter blocks cost is 6300 oz plus machining ,it come down to what power you would like to make ,i was making 800 hp on a std 360 block

Thanks for all the replies, I'll keep an eye on those sites.

If you see any R3 blocks please let me know, I want a tall deck item 9.56 I think it is.

we have a agent in oz for ritter blocks cost is 6300 oz plus machining ,it come down to what power you would like to make ,i was making 800 hp on a std 360 block

Yes I remember yours, why did you sell it?

OK next question.
How good are the 340 resto blocks, Siamese bore?
i can get one for 2g here and has been fully machined but needs a fix from machining the lifter bores ended up with a small hole that needs a repair 59 degree tall deck

i can get one for 2g here and has been fully machined but needs a fix from machining the lifter bores ended up with a small hole that needs a repair 59 degree tall deck

Is that a 340 resto block?
Is it local, have you seen it, can it be successfully repaired?
Is it Siamese bore?
Can this block be taken to larger cubes, say 428 thereabouts with 4" stroke?

Is that a 340 resto block?
Is it local, have you seen it, can it be successfully repaired?
Is it Siamese bore?
Can this block be taken to larger cubes, say 428 thereabouts with 4" stroke?
yes yes yes yes

-
Back