Aftermarket Coolant Overflow Tank

-

340_dart_power

Reaction score
FYI, if your Mopar's coolant overflow tank was removed prior to your ownership (as mine was), Year One has a rather generic one available which does work well as a "Driver" replacement. It obviously isn't restoration correct, but it does solve the problem of not having one and driving your vehicle in hot weather.
These photos show the one I installed in my 1971 Dodge Dart GT. I have very basic skills and almost no mechanical talent, and was able to make it work. I experienced a small overflow of radiator coolant this past Summer on a 90 degree+ day, and bought this one to prevent a similar occurrance.
Offered for what it's worth...

2008_1109OverflowReservoir0002.JPG

2008_1109OverflowReservoir0003.JPG

2008_1109OverflowReservoir0004.JPG

2008_1109OverflowReservoir0005.JPG

2008_1109OverflowReservoir0006.JPG

I have a factory one for $20 and shipping if interested??take that one back!!but I guess if your happy and it looks o.k.My 2 cents

LOL, it's not pretty, I admit, just functional.
Can you send me some photos of the factory one, though?
mcmurtrie_john at yahoo dot com is my outside e-mail adress.

I think it was an option. The one in the picture posted by pettybludart is for the 73 and up. Works fine but you would need to mark and drill a 5/8 hole in the top of the frame rail and one hole in the radiator support to make it work.

Larry

I found that the jaz recircluating type is pretty versatile in fitment and are cheap - around 20$.

here is my super trick over flow bottle. Hey it works. Though I have since changed it out for a NOS energy drink bottle.

ABC.jpg

-
Back