aftermarket floor shift back to column?

-

tone

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, what is necessary to convert an aftermarket b&m floor shifter back to the column shifter? I've got a 68 cuda with a 904 automatic .. a previous owner installed the floor shifter at some point and I'd like to put it back on the column. It's an automatic column, so it's got the linkage at the end of the steering column but that's it.

You will need the rest of the linkages going down to the shift arm, a 904 shift arm and the shift lever on the column.

Ididit makes a simple cable kit for about $150.00 Wish I used that before rounding all the parts up for $175.00...Summit and Jegs has it, or just google it.

Ididit makes a simple cable kit for about $150.00 Wish I used that before rounding all the parts up for $175.00...Summit and Jegs has it, or just google it.

Awesome - didn't know they had anything that wasn't for their custom steering columns. I'll probably order that soon - now, to find the shifter handle!

Thanks to moparparts, I've got the linkages I need. I just finished putting the shift lever in. Now - in my 68 service manual, I can't find any diagrams of how the linkage is hooked up/bolted in. Does anyone have any photos or perhaps a diagram? Thanks!

I have a colum and shifter out of a 65 if it helps , but I am sure you can find the proper 1 and I do not have hook up picks , but you can probably google it ,or go under transmissions

Thank you for your purchase. Here is a diagram.

Thanks to moparparts, I've got the linkages I need. I just finished putting the shift lever in. Now - in my 68 service manual, I can't find any diagrams of how the linkage is hooked up/bolted in. Does anyone have any photos or perhaps a diagram? Thanks!

Attachments

• columnautolinkage.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 197
-
Back