Aftermarket rear frame rails?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Besides Jeg's,Summit and Competition engineering anybody know where else i might be able to find rear frame rails?
I'm looking for something that would be closer to factory Mopar rails rather than the universal one's the other places carry.

http://www.swracecars.com There web site is kinda a mess right now so call them. They have a few differant rear frame rail kits. Ladder bar, 4 link or leaf spring and they are model specific, not one size fitss all.

Try auto rust technicians, www.autorust.com they make what they call frame caps, I used one for the rr schakel? mount, did the whole job in about 1 1/2 hrs. They go over the existing frame and weld to the body.
Hope this helps.
Bruce

Lots of stuff for GM and Mustang but nothing for mopar or for leaf spring set-ups.

If you want factory rails, I have a friend who sells his cars piece buy piece. He cuts the factory welds until there is no car left. He sells alot to resto shops on the west cost but he is in arkansas. pm me if you want his number.

Thats the way I went for my rear rails, I know cars being parted usually don't have decent rails but the ones I got were awesome and drilled the welds for removal.

cd_3.jpg

The rails i'm looking for are for my brother for his 71 Dart project.
He cut the spare tire well out of the trunk floor and found that the inside of the frame rails are all rotted,i said we should just back-half it and put in a 4 link but he wants to keep the leaf spring set-up.
So now were looking for aftermarket rails that we can move in a couple inches so he can run some fat tires.

You should call the guys at S&W race cars, the stuff on the website does not list what you are looking for, but they do make a lot more than what is in the online catalog. I have seen a 67 cuda that had the rear frame rails replaced just like what you are describing using roll cage and frame rails from S & W. The had backhalved the car with the rails moved in . Car utilized leaf springs and cal tracs also.

www.swracecars.com

Bob

-
Back