Aftermarket seat belts/harnesses 71 Dart?

-

Cal_gecko

Citron Yella!!
Reaction score
Thinking about getting something better than the stock seat belts in my 71 Dart.. it had a bench seat, now it has buckets... no roll bar or cage... is it possible to upgrade the seat belts without a harness bar or roll cage?

It should be. Bucket seat cars used that non-adjustable shoulder belt that was tied into the inner roof structure. Although you might not have the anchor for the belt, the inner structure of the roof is likely the same. I say likely because both of my cars had factory buckets and that non adjustable 3 point. But I doubt Ma Mopar made two different inner roof structures. So it shouldn't be a big deal to put anchor in.

XV sells 3 point retractable belts, haven't checked eBay to see if they have any in stock though. But there are a few companies making 3 point retractable belts for mopars. The biggest thing is just having a "drop" from the anchor to get the shoulder belt in the right spot. I have a set of XV's 3 point retractable belts in my Challenger, easy to install and they work great. I got around XV's customer service by using ebay, I know more than a few people have been unhappy with their customer service.

It should be. Bucket seat cars used that non-adjustable shoulder belt that was tied into the inner roof structure. Although you might not have the anchor for the belt, the inner structure of the roof is likely the same. I say likely because both of my cars had factory buckets and that non adjustable 3 point. But I doubt Ma Mopar made two different inner roof structures. So it shouldn't be a big deal to put anchor in.

XV sells 3 point retractable belts, haven't checked eBay to see if they have any in stock though. But there are a few companies making 3 point retractable belts for mopars. The biggest thing is just having a "drop" from the anchor to get the shoulder belt in the right spot. I have a set of XV's 3 point retractable belts in my Challenger, easy to install and they work great. I got around XV's customer service by using ebay, I know more than a few people have been unhappy with their customer service.

Thanks! Yeah, the car came with a 3 point belt setup so it has the anchor point in the roof.. so hopefully it won't be too hard to put some good belts in.

Not trying to hujack, but do you have any pics of the set up from the outside with the windows down and the seatbelt clipped? Do they show much?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it:
A%20Driver%20Outside.jpg

I just used the stock XV belts with the drop they came with, maybe it's a better fit for e-body's?

They are pretty visible with the windows down. It's definitely a trade off, it's nice being able to tuck the stock belts up to get that real hardtop look. But, since my car is a daily driver I wanted to have real 3 point belts in it.

I see that XV still has their bench seat belts listed, but not the bucket ones. Haven't seen them for awhile actually. There are other company's out there making them though. It's pretty much just a standard retractable belt, the drop from the upper anchor is really the only part that's extra, but old mopars aren't the only ones that need them.

Heres a larger side shot of my chally with the XV belts, you can see the drop pretty clearly.

IMG_3018.jpg

-
Back