Aftermarket Sway Bars on an Early A Body

-

fzmax

Reaction score
Before I go reinventing the wheel, has anyone installed an Addco sway bar on an early A Body? The tabs that bolt on through the shock bolt sit at an angle and the lip they want you to use to bolt the mounts to doesn't exist on the early K-frame. This is for the front, I haven't even looked at the back yet.

Unless I'm missing something I'll be fabbing my own mounts today. Before I do I just wanted to check that someone didn't have a better idea or I was reading the directions upside down or something.

Do you have the addco mounts to compare to?
Check out slantsix.org and do a search as they mentioned improving the stock addco mounts since early a k-members are at an angle where the addco mounts bolt to the k, and requires drilling holes in the k member also
Firmfeel sells the best mounts but the bar and mounts are quite pricey and ive never seen the firmfeel early a mounts to compare to/mock up unfortunately.

Early Valiant Barracuda club has a how to on this. I believe one or more of their members are on here also.

Thanks guys. I finished it up today. I found the write on slant six. While I'm sure it was as effective as what I did, I just didn't like the way it looked.

03_Kustom_CA_Mount_Tacked.JPG

06_Bar_Mount_Tacked.JPG

11_Ground_Clearance.JPG

I would be interested in your opinion on just how much difference there is in the handling after the sway bar.
are you considering gas shocks?
the look is good

I'll get a good ride in this week, but just from going around the block the car feels so much more planted. Before it felt like the door handles were ready to scrape when pulling out of the driveway.

The rear bar and then shocks are next on the list.

I put the Addco sway bar on my 64 Barracuda and it made a big difference. Better than I had expected. I decided to change the lower control arms to ones with the sway bar tabs because it was time for new bushings anyway but I think the supplied brackets that mount to the shocks would work ok also. I have pictures on my computer at home and will post them for you tonight.

I can't seem to get my pictures to load up but if you want to see how it looks, PM me with an email address and I will send them...

-
Back