Aftermarket turbo exhaust manifold?

-
104_0971.jpg

Here's what I did with a little time cutting and grinding. Had a local guy in Jackson Mich do the welding cost me 10 bucks and I had to buy the turbo flange for 15 bucks
Aaron

the last pic is of the Aussie header that they sell for 1200 dollars the pic is small I grabbed that off there site

Attachments

• IMAG0976.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 259
  • IMAG0979.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAG1028.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 282
  • thumb_hemi_turbo_exhaust.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 262
Here's what I did with a little time cutting and grinding. Had a local guy in Jackson Mich do the welding cost me 10 bucks and I had to buy the turbo flange for 15 bucks
Aaron

the last pic is of the Aussie header that they sell for 1200 dollars the pic is small I grabbed that off there site

Thanks for those pictures. Now, SlantSix Dan knows I wasn't making this stuff up, about a $1,200 header from Oz.

Do you have the URL for the site with that header picture? I went to where I thought it was and.... no turbo header. Did they discontinue it, maybe?

That cast manifold you modified may be the smart way to go as regards mounting a turbo on one of these engines. You did a nice job! I plan on testing a setup like that to compare to our homemade header. It'll be interesting, I think.

Looks like you have the skills to build a complete turbo setup. Do you plan to do that, or is the centrifugal blower the next step for your /6? Either one will be delightful...

Thanks again for the pictures!

I'm having a hard time finding the site maybe I bookmark it on my home computer ill have to look later tonite after I get off work
Aaron

I'm having a hard time finding the site maybe I bookmark it on my home computer ill have to look later tonite after I get off work
Aaron

I THINK the place that was advertising them was "PentaStar Parts and Restorations" but they apparently took the turbo model out of their catalog; I can't find it, now. Good luck!

Well, I certainly wouldn't argue with expert consensus. Seems a little odd to me; O2 sensors are routinely subjected to much greater heat than it seems likely you'd have at that location with that engine, but I wouldn't want to be the one paying to clean up the results of being wrong on that point.

I share that concern about where the turbo's gonna wind up in that '64 Valiant.

It's not just temperature - their accuracy is affected by pressure, too. The temperature in shorter headers would be likely to kill the sensor, but even if the temperature is within acceptable limits, the pressure will make it very tough to get an accurate reading with a wideband O2 sensor.

It's not just temperature - their accuracy is affected by pressure, too. The temperature in shorter headers would be likely to kill the sensor, but even if the temperature is within acceptable limits, the pressure will make it very tough to get an accurate reading with a wideband O2 sensor.

Thanks, Matt; I never considered that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z97y2Zb3YRQ"]YouTube - SLANT 6 TURBO MANIFOLD BUILD.wmv[/ame]

Here is a quick build of a turbo header from oz. Interesting but it dont have a wastegate on it. Later

YouTube - SLANT 6 TURBO MANIFOLD BUILD.wmv

Here is a quick build of a turbo header from oz. Interesting but it dont have a wastegate on it. Later

That's really a neat job, and shows some excellent fabrication skills, I think. Freddie was able to buy the 3-into-1, and 2-into-1 collerctors and turbo mounting flanges for ours. Mounting the wastegate is pretty easy, I think... but what do ~I~ know? I never touched ours; Freddie had to do it all, himself....:angry7:

-
Back