Aftermarket Wedge big block

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with buying and building one?.... worth it ?.... Which one would you buy and from who ?.. Thinking of selling 400's and going this route .... Thanks

Just bought one used about three weeks ago, if you wanna make big power its the only way to go, i'm shooting 1000HP plus, there's a all new aluminum block for sale on BBody's for $5K, i paid with shipping and two cranks $4500.

IMG_0641.PNG
IMG_0640.PNG

From what i read they are a low deck similar to 400 .... and have all the factor provisions like a factory block .... is that what you read ?.... and where can you buy them from NEW .... Have you heard of anybody building one yet and does it require more machine work than a factory block ... THanks

Check this guy out, he's the only guy casting these block 400B,440RB, Hemi's $1700.00 down of the $3900.00 say's by next year they should be ready, Richard Bradshaw. Heres a link to his order forum.

Home

Just spoke to a gentleman stating he is delivering three hemi blocks to reputable builders to check them out ... he will have 426/440/400 blocks ..... BUT price are going to be near 4000 and then need final machining.... so you better hold on to your stock blocks unless you want to pay this money ..

Just spoke to a gentleman stating he is delivering three hemi blocks to reputable builders to check them out ... he will have 426/440/400 blocks ..... BUT price are going to be near 4000 and then need final machining.... so you better hold on to your stock blocks unless you want to pay this money ..
There is no reason to spend that kind of $money$ unless you wanna build a 900~1500 horse power motor, a stock block wouldn't live as long as an after market block when built correctly, its no secret that after market block are Expensive, if you wanna go racing your gonna spend $10K~$25K on a good Engine.

I have already spent 3500 on Trickflows ( Ported by Larry Smith ) and Eddie performer also ported from Larry.... i figure another 3900 in a good block making it 500 cubes ... Goal would be 700 HP and 700 TQ......in a 69 Swinger ... SO i will make a decision in 3 months when Bill selling the blocks stated that 400 low deck should be ready to ship... At that time then i will sell my 400 - 230 and 630 castings...... THanks for the info ....

You have the right idea. Its like building a house. Make sure the basement is up to the rest of the build.. Buy a block now do it once, and you can go from there.

-
Back